1. Central angle = intercepted arc
2. Inscribed angle = 1/2 intercepted arc
3. If two sides of a triangle are 3 and 7, the third side must be greater than 4 and less than 10.
4. The midsegment of a triangle connects the midponts of any two sides of a triangle.
5. The midsegment is parallel to the 3rd side.
6. The midsegment = 1/2 of the 3rd side.
7. The midsegment forms 2 triangles that are similar.
8. In an equilateral triangle, the median, altitude, angle bisector, and perp bisector are all the same segment.
9. Triangles contain 180 degrees. Quads contain 360 degrees. Pentagons contain 540 degrees. Hexagons contain 720 degrees. Circles contain 360 degrees.
10. Number of degrees in convex polygon is (n-2)180.
11. Number of degrees in exterior angles of convex polygon is 360.
11. Acute triangle—each angle is less than 90.
12. Supplementary angles add to 180. Complementary angles add to 90.
13. Triangles are congruent by SAS, SSS, ASA, AAS, HL, and LL.
14. Triangles are similar by SSS~, AA~, SAS~
15. Similar triangles means corresponding sides are proportional and corr angles are congruent.
16. Similar triangles have a scale factor.
17. Scale factor is side/side. Use corresponding sides.
Algebra? Geometry? No More Worries.
CRISS Strategy Teacher Trainer
Next SAT Tests 5/4 , 6/1Register now.
Limited Private Tutoring Available. Woodstock, Canton, GA. Contact me through email.realmathinaminute@hotmail (dot) com
Search This Blog
It's All About...Algebra algebra art artist back to school central angle End of Course Test End of Year Test EOCT Practice Blog first day of school Geometry Geometry EOCT Problems 1-4 geometry formulas geometry problems of the day high school graduation learn lines of symmetry math math help parents practice geometry pythagorean triples Real Math In A Minute right triangles SAT special education Spring Break students teachers Uncategorized
- 45-45-90 Triangle
- back to school
- back to school tips
- central angle
- End of Course Test
- End of Year Test
- EOCT Practice Blog
- exterior angles of a triangle
- first day of school
- Generation H
- Geometry EOCT Problems 1-4
- geometry formulas
- geometry help
- geometry problems of the day
- graph paper
- high school graduation
- Howard Gardner
- Hugging at school
- hugging banned
- learning disabilities
- lines of symmetry
- math help
- Multiple Intelligences
- Noncoplanar Lines
- parent involvement
- practice geometry
- pythagorean triples
- Real Math In A Minute
- Right Triangle
- right triangles
- Skew Lines
- special education
- Spring Break
- Taking The SAT
- teenagers hugging
- Trig Ratios