20. A building that is 50 feet tall casts a shadow 30 feet long. Nearby, a tree casts a 75 foot long shadow. How tall is the tree? (Hint: Use similar triangle ratios) Read it twice. Wording is tricky.
a. 95 ft
b. 110 ft
c. 125 ft
d. 140 ft
Answers: 50/30 =x/75 so x = 125
21. Which unit is correct for describing the surface area of a hexagonal pyramid?
b. cm squared
c. cm cubed
Answer: (b) Area is always “units squared”.
22. If r>0 and s <0, in which quadrant of the xy-plane does the point (r,s) lie?
a. Quadrant I
b. Quadrant II
c. Quadrant III
d. Quadrant IV
Answer: d. (+, -) in Quadrant IV
23. Which set of points is equidistant from the rays that form an angle? (Hint: Draw it)
a. Perpendicular bisector
b. Skew Line
c. Angle Bisector
d. Central Angle
Answer: C. Angle Bisector
24. Which unit is used to measure the amount of liquid needed to fill a cylindrical container?
b. square inches
c. cubic inches
Answer: C. Filling a container is volume. Volume is always cubic units.