Dear Geometry Student,
Okay! Here’s the deal. Every school day starting April 1, several geometry problems will appear on this blog. All problems will come from past Georgia EOCTs (End Of Course Tests). Every geometry student in Georgia public schools takes the EOCT. Your score counts 15% of your geometry grade. That’s a lot! It can make a big difference.
Here’s your part. You work the problem and email me the answer. If you send me your name, your school, your state, your teacher’s name and his/her school email address, I will keep track of the number of problems you answer correctly. Right before you take the EOCT, I will send your teacher the total number of problems you get right!
Now, I don’t know if your teacher will give you any credit for this or not. That is entirely up to them. I do know that IT WILL HELP YOU get a better grade on the EOCT. So do it for yourself, and if you get a couple of bonus points, that’s great too. Right?
If you do not live in Georgia, you can still play along. I’m sure you have a final test also, so it will help you too.
1. Print this and show it to your teacher and parent before you start just so they’ll know what you are doing.
2. You may answer the questions anytime during the week they are posted but no later than 9:00 PM Georgia time on Friday of each week. Nothing after 9:00 PM on Friday will count.
3. It is okay if you get help with the answers because that will help you too.
4. I will post all of the answers for the week in this blog sometime after 9:00 PM each Friday.
5. I will keep track of the number of questions you answer correctly and will send the total to your teacher the week before your big test.
6. Send all answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, put GEOMETRY EOCT.
This should be fun! Some questions will be reeeeaaaalllllyyyy easy and some will be more challenging but all will help you remember and be prepared for your big test!
I hope you will play along with all of us! See you Wednesday, April 1….and I’m not foolin’!
The Real Mathster